Today I stop to take a breath. I have been running hard and fast since the day I returned from Sabbatical. There is an intense amount of work to do in late August and early September when leading Youth Ministry, Adult Ministry, preaching, and supervising Children’s Staff.
The last month has consisted of:
- preaching three weeks in a row
- The Table configuration and promotion
- Catechism leaders training
- Catechism 6th Grade orientation
- Catechism Kick-off party
- Recruiting new Catechism team members
- Connecting with 40 Own Your Faith families and their mentors
- creating 3 OYF videos for web and DVD (filming with green screen, editing, posting)
- creating OYF membership website interface
- processing OYF registrations (35 students and their mentors)
- OYF mentor training
- OYF Kick-off retreat (two nights, with a grand finale of parent blessing ceremony at the 10:30 service)
- SaLT orientation
- Dojo Kickoff and weekly meetings
- Children’s ministry goal and budget planning
- Vision Board presentation
- brainstorming Bible Mania
- transcribing 80 pages of audio recording from Research team sessions
- completing rough coding of research data (1202 pages of transcripts, emails, and discussion forum posts)
- being a single Dad for three weeks while my wife was in Denver helping our brother-in-law convelesce from surgery.
OK. Deep breath. Youth ministry has been successfully launched, thanks to an amazing team of volunteers and my ministry partner, Tom Baker. Without Tom, this would not happen.
Now it’s time to focus on Adult Ministry and my dissertation. The next six weeks will include: